This Combo Course is intended for participants who have previously completed and passed the separate PALS and ACLS class. This is not recommended for participants who are new to PALS or ACLS certification. However, this is ultimately up to the partificipant and their department.
Registrants must be a healthcare professional whose occupation requires managing the pediatric patient.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers to manage respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies in pediatric patients.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers to manage cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiac emergencies in adult patients.
Basic Life Support (BLS) HeartCode BLS course concentrates on basic life support for infant, child, and adult using a self-directed online portion coupled with a hands on session and skills testing.
Combo Courses (PALS, ACLS, and BLS) given at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center are sponsored by the American Heart Association. CCHMC uses a hybrid learning model. The first part of the program includes eLearning, online scenarios and a written test. The second part takes place in person at the Center for Simulation and Research on the Oak Campus for active participation. This part of the program focuses on small group teaching, high fidelity simulation, skills, team work, debriefing, and testing specific to AHA fundamentals.
Note: There is no longer a distinction between the initial PALS or ACLS certification and the renewal course.
We offer PALS and ACLS using a hybrid learning model. The majority of the learning is a self-directed online module. The skills portion will build on core concepts based on the AHA fundamentals, followed by skills testing at the Center for Simulation & Research in the Vernon Place Building.
The online module instructions, PALS and ACLS algorithm pocket cards, and access keys will be automatically included in your confirmation email. All pre-course work is done online through the American Heart Association website and can be accessed by logging in from any computer.
If you have been participating in RQI, please note your AHA card expires two years from your last completed activity. Please check your ecard for expiration date before you register for an in-person AHA class.
Projected Combo dates are below. Please continue to check the site for these dates to be opened.
August 25th, 2022
September 27th, 2022
October 27, 2022
November 29th, 2022 at 12:00pm only
December 1st, 2022 at 8:00am only
December 13th, 2022
CLICK "NO" BELOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT BLS
If you do not need BLS certification, please click "No" before you click "Continue with Registration" on the next page.
If you choose "Yes" you want BLS certification, you will get a third keycode and the BLS module for this course MUST be completed and cannot be opted out after your registration has been submitted.
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (full)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Thursday, October 27, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (full)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (full)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (11 seats left)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022 from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (9 seats left)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (18 seats left)Center for Simulation and Research - Cincinnati Children's Hospital